Menu Close

My Child is Disabled, what type of Will do I need?

Inheritance Tax Advice

My Child is Disabled, what type of Will do I need?

With a disabled child, more protection needs to be considered by way of a Disabled Trust.

By setting this up early and contained within a will it ensures that the Trustees appointed are able to provide for the child at a time when he most needs funds, this may be at any time during his or her lifetime.

For example; A child may need financial support for a school trip or as an adult there may be a requirement for a suitably equipped car for him or her to drive which requires some contribution to help pay for it.

By setting up a Disabled trust in your Will, should anything happen to you – you will have the peace of mind knowing that you have set up a facility that will ensure your child can have access to funds, with the help and direction of the Trustees without affecting his or her on-going disabled benefit’s.

Go to our Disabled Trusts page to find out more information.

Thank you for reading our post, please feel free to contact us if you want to discuss anything.

Call on: 0800 689 0923


9 am – 9 pm Monday to Friday
9 am – 12:30 pm on Saturdays

We will return emergency calls on Sundays

You can email us at: